Tuesday, January 6, 2015

//WELCOME//

Hello. A quick introduction of myself and family here.
My name is Kayla; Brian and I have been married 6 years and have two kiddos here, Addisyn and Chase, one sweet baby in heaven, and one kicking little girl due in a few months.
We are currently living with my parents, which is ironic given the name of the blog, but it is only temporary due to crazy and exciting changes in our life right now.
//sweetfacephotography//

We were both born and raised in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania; we have lived in the same two-story house for just over 6 years. We just sold our dear old home and business in a Farmer's Market with plans to move to the Finger Lakes area in New York state this February. So for a few weeks we are invading my parent's house with our pillows and fuzzy blankets, clothes, a few dearly loved stuffed animals, and random miscellaneous that cannot be stored outside. Setting in the lawn we have two trailers, a storage pod, and a bunny hutch housing Susie McFurlies, whose name has recently been changed to Buttercup, I guess.
The house we are buying in New York needs a few walls knocked out, a urinal removed and replaced with a brand new bathroom, new flooring, paint, time, hard work, and lots and lots of love. I enjoy do-it-yourself projects, especially house renovations, so while it will be a lot of work and decision making, I am looking forward to it and also want to blog about it as we go. That, and staying connected with our friends and family in Lancaster, gave me enough reason to start a blog. I hope to be a faithful blogger, but time will tell.

//Welcome, and feel free to introduce yourself by commenting!//

7 comments:

  1. Oh this makes me extremely happy that you are starting a blog! Miss ya already but I'm so excited for you guys. Can't wait to see and hear about your new life in New York!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ash, please come visit us sometime :-) And I hear you're moving too; exciting!

      Delete
  2. So excited about this! I love a good remodel and look forward to following your journey! A year ago we lived with my parents for a month till renters moved out of our new home so I know the feeling. We enjoyed the month and made lots of memories! Hope things go well with your move

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimy! We are enjoying our time here and it is going very quickly.

      Delete
  3. What part of the finger lakes? I live in Lowville NY about 3 hours from there. My cousins and aunts and uncles live in the finger lakes. I'm Lorraine Roggie, Derrell Millers sister. Beware it is cold up here :) We lived with my in laws for a summer about 3 years ago. Our house is very old and we are working at fixing it up as we have money. Our house had led in it and our daughters led level went up so high that we had to move out and fix the problem. Hope you move goes good. Lorraine Roggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorraine! I remember you; I am Alycia (Lantz) Keith's cousin and I think you went to church together? We are moving to Dundee; my husband is going to be working for your cousins at Wood-Tex :-) Good luck on your renovations! It certainly does take time and money; our first house was over a hundred years old and there is always something to fix or update in an old house!

      Delete
  4. Yes we did. That is awesome that your husband is working at Wood-Tex. I love our old house but some days if would be nice to be in a new house that is finished :) Lorraine Roggie

    ReplyDelete