Thursday, January 8, 2015

//DELIGHT//

"I delight myself in You Captivated by Your beauty I’m overwhelmed, I’m overwhelmed by You"
These lyrics have moved me in a deep way recently, and gave me the word I want to embody in 2015; "delight". I am so taken with the details of life; the smallest gestures from my husband, the silliest details in my decorating or wardrobe, the goofy expressions of my son, the perfection of my daughter's messy hair.. I take delight in the simple, the mundane, the ordinary. What is life, if we cannot enjoy the routine of every day? I cannot drudge through the boringness of everyday life, waiting for fun and exciting to happen. I've tried, and realized that as a woman, wife, friend, and especially a mother, boring and everyday make up life; the big stuff lasts but a moment, and while I immensely enjoy the big stuff, it is not the majority of my life. If I can be content and fulfilled in my daily life of serving food, wiping noses, brushing through knotty hair, sweeping crumbs after every meal, then I can live a delightful life, despite the fact that it does not always feel glamorous, it certainly might not look enviable, and I come up short far, far too often.

My heart's desire in this year is to truly find delight in my life, and naturally cause others to delight with me. I want to find delight in my husband, and give him greater reason to delight in me; I want to delight in my children, and watch them delight in the details of their lives; and I want to delight in Jesus, and realize more fully, and more effectively, His delight in me.
//Take Delight!//

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kayla, I've just read through your entries so far on your blog and not only enjoyed the reading but was touched - I love the way you are choosing to live! Your post above makes me wonder if you have read "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp. If you haven't yet, I highly recommend it as you are already on that path and are likely to really appreciate her writing. Best wishes for the move and new baby! -- Robin in England

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Robin! I'm glad you enjoyed reading:-) I have admittedly been reading "One Thousand Gifts" for about a year now. I really enjoy her writing and have really been inspired by the book but for some reason have had a hard time getting anything read completely lately. I have picked it up again and am hoping to finish it soon! Thank you for commenting!

    ReplyDelete