Thursday, February 5, 2015

//SETTLING IN//


((this picture was taken in PA; there is no green grass to be seen here right now))

Hello again!

We are finally here, in New York, and settling in between the boxes and disorganization that is our new home. Brian is chipping away at the projects he can do himself, while he is off of work for the week. I am slowly unpacking, box by box, trying to get a feel for how this house works best. We are enjoying our home; especially our spacious bathroom which is about triple the size of our main bathroom in our old house! (The urinal is gone!) The kiddos are loving the play time in the snow with their daddy; I am afraid they will be disappointed next week when it is just me here with them. Somehow I don't see my 34-week pregnant self getting out there with them like he does. I am trying to take it somewhat easy but there is a lot to be done and I am hoping to have a week or two to relax before baby comes!

Besides playing in the snow, they usually have the living room looking like a wall-to-wall, helter-skelter-mess by 8:00 am. every day. They are enjoying having all their toys again, while I am dreaming of having a finished basement sometime soon where they can make their messes.

We had my parents and brother here over the weekend, helping us move and doing a lot of little projects around the house. My mom and I did a few DIY projects that were super easy and I plan on sharing those with you this week. They were both for the bathroom, which is the first room that is worthy of showing "after photos", as the other rooms will be getting shuffled around when we have the basement completed. I still want to stain the vanity before it is complete, and hopefully that will get done this week yet.

Favorite things this week:

//Finding a place to buy inexpensive farm fresh eggs, and it looks like they stay well stocked too!//
//Watching the horizon change its look all day long. First a beautiful sunrise, then clear skies, then fog/snow so intense that the view just disappears, then back to whatever it feels like doing next//
//Making hot cocoa in my quiet kitchen while watching my husband and kiddos play in drifts up to their chests//
//Peaceful nights in which both children have actually been sleeping soundly, without interruption//



//What are your favorite things this week?//


1 comment:

  1. I'm thrilled for you and your family! You're all stepping foot into a new adventure, and I do hope you all settle in nicely in New York. Hopefully, the kids love the new house, and can happily make new friends. Of course, knowing how sweet and adorable they are, I have no doubts that they will. Anyway, thanks for sharing the news with us! :)

    Cathy Schwartz @ Best Rate Removals

    ReplyDelete