Thursday, February 19, 2015

//DELIGHT IN DISH SOAP//




Am I the only one who uses a little more shampoo than necessary when the bottle is almost empty and I am giddy over trying my new/different shampoo? I am like that with anything new, really, and my impatience gets the better of me often. The new shampoo loses its charm a few washes in anyway, and I end up wasting the last few squirts in my old bottle. It does not contribute to my efforts of living simply, but the appeal is always there.

I bought new dish soap a few weeks ago, when my bottle of Palmolive still had enough to last a week or two. I should have known that when Amazon says they'll have my dish soap here in two days, they really meant it, and I do not have to buy it as soon as the bottle is getting low. Well this new soap smells so delicious and fresh, and makes the dish washing experience even better.

The first week or two after we moved, the days were blending together and dragging a bit, due to lack of schedule and loss of sleep. The smell of my new soap gave me a lift, but I told myself I may only use it once a day, and still use the old bottle the rest of the 6734 times a day I wash dishes. Ha. I found myself using it every morning, and there went my one exciting wash per day.

I know it sounds silly, and of course it is, but after a week or so of using it, I found myself reaching for the old bottle most of the time, and my heart did a happy dance every time, realizing that I am okay; this is a good day; my head is not in a fog, and I CAN WASH DISHES WITH UNSCENTED PALMOLIVE. Delighting in dish soap really did give my spirit a lift, and realizing that I don't need that lift as much in the last few days is just as sweet.

//What silly little things make your day a little brighter? Anything worse/better than dish soap?//

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I totally agree with getting excited about the shampoo + body wash bottle being almost empty...it's fun to get something new! And good dish soap definitely helps brighten + freshen a day. I love the Meyers brand you have there too!

    ReplyDelete